Life Texture This Tuesday (21/6) held its first press conference in France as the new majority shareholder. Lyon. The merchants own the SAF. BotafogoAcquired a 66.5% stake in the French club and mentioned Glorioso in an interview with reporters.
– We try to build a family between our clubs. To work together Officially, our fans understand that. It was a really nice thing when we bought Botafogo. This is very different from my investment in Crystal Palace, but Rio de Janeiro fans started connecting with London fans, they started exchanging cultures, shirts, they don’t compete with others. Social networks are great for this. Now I see people wearing Crystal Palace shirts at Nelton Santos Stadium and I see Botafogo shirts in London pubs. And they call each other brother. And for less than 24 hours, they’ve been doing it with Leon. – Texter, who attacked rival PSG:
– I don’t like projects like PSG. If we continue to do what Jean-Michel Olas (Leon’s CEO) has been doing for years and bringing in entertainment and technology, we can make more money than any Qatari investor..
– I think football was broken with money. That is a fact. We have at most two or three strong teams in every part of the world. And rest? What’s the fun in that I think money is important. We have to spend. But what I love about football is the community that lives in it. – Textor said.
Elsewhere in the interview, when asked what Leon fans might expect after his acquisition, Textor recalled a “stupid” statement when he arrived at Botafogo.
– I think my first suggestion for the men’s Leon team is to start watching women right away. Just kidding (laughs). I was talking nonsense when we bought Botafogo in Brazil. The team was in the second division. Lots of problems in recent years. The team had not won anything in decades. I said I wanted to run to Flamingo later. Which, of course, made the video an overnight sensation. Because everyone was waiting to defeat them in the next confrontation. I believe in dreaming with open eyes. – Texter said, also talking about SAFs in Brazilian football:
– In Brazil, I think I was one of the first to buy SAF. Ronaldo, on Cruzeiro. 777 Partners, at Vasco da Gama. Maybe Manchester City will buy a club. Capital is being raised in Brazil, one of the world’s best talent creators. The people of Botafogo expect this exchange of experiences. Players are moving in both directions, from Europe to Brazil and from Brazil to Europe. In the years to come, I hope Botafogo will be recognized as the best player trainer in Brazil.