For the second straight season, the Jacksonville Jaguars were responsible for the worst record of the previous season, for making the first choice, and for the Florida team, defender Troy Walker was named.
Trevon Walker in Action for Georgia – Photo: Joe Robbins / Icon Sportswire by Getty Images
This is the first time since 2017 that the first name announced by Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell is not a quarterback. Just like that year, when Cleveland caught Miles Garrett first, a passer-by took the position.
Walker His list of experience includes the race of champions. Shirt 44 was an early pass from the University of Georgia’s Rusher, the current national champion due to his particularly impressive defense, citing other names for the first round of the draft.
Travon numbers aren’t the most exciting. In three seasons with the Bulldogs, Edge started 29 with 9.5 sacks, 61 total tackles and 13 lost yards. In the college final, against Alabama, the defender had a sack and a tackle on account of the loss of yards.
Eden Hutchinson named second player – Photo: David Baker / Getty Images
For the second time in history, no attacking player was selected for the top four positions. The second time was in 1991. These were two EDGEs, and two cornerbacks in 2022. In 1991, we had a defensive tackle, a safety, a cornerback and a linebacker in the top four.
This year, the first offensive player was selected to take the seventh position. The same thing happened this season, but one position earlier, with Ikem Ekwonu moving to the Carolina Panthers.
He made 19 picks to make the first quarterback in the class: Kenny Pickett is the face of the future for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Under tough questions in class, Packet is a potential player and the Steelers will fight to become a starter.
At the age of 23, he will turn 24 in June, the quarterback comes from the best year of his career and fought for the Heisman Award, the best player in college football, ranked third.
Kenny Pickett is in action for the University of Pittsburgh – Photo: Justin Burrell / Getty Images
- 12,303 airyards
- 809 Rushing Yards
- 62.4% successful pass
- 81 touch down passes
- 20 Rushing Touch Downs
- 32 barriers
See the full selection list
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Trowne Walker (EDGE) – Georgia
- Detroit Lines: Eden Hutchinson (EDGE) – Michigan
- Houston Texans: Derek Stingley (CB) – LSU
- New York Jets: Ahmed Gardner (CB) – Cincinnati
- New York Giants: Kayvon Thibodeaux (EDGE) – Oregon
- Carolina Panthers: Ikem Ekwonu (OT) – State of North Carolina
- New York Giants (From Chicago): Avon Nile (OT) – Alabama
- Atlanta Falcons: Drake London (WR) – USC
- Seattle Sea Hawks (From Denver): Charles Cross (OT) – Mississippi State
- New York Jets (From Seattle): Garrett Wilson (WR) – Ohio State
- New Orleans Saints (From commanders): Chris Olive (WR) – Ohio State
- Detroit Lines (From Minnesota): Jameson Williams (WR) – Alabama
- Philadelphia Eagles (Via Cleveland to Philadelphia): Jordan Davis (DT) – Georgia
- Baltimore Ravens: Kyle Hamilton (S) – Notre Dame
- Houston Texans (From Miami via Philadelphia): Canyon Green (OG) – Texas A&M
- Washington commanders (From Indianapolis via Philadelphia and New Orleans): Where Dotson (WR) – Penn State
- Los Angeles Chargers: Zion Johnson (OG) – Boston College
- Tennessee Titans (From New Orleans via Philadelphia): Trillion Bricks (WR) – Arkansas
- New Orleans Saints (From Philadelphia): Trevor Penning (OT) – Northern Iowa
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Kenny Packet (QB) – Pittsburgh
- Kansas City Chiefs (From New England): Trent McDuffy (CB) – Washington
- Green Bay Packers (From Las Vegas): Cove Walker (LB) – Georgia
- On the backs of buffaloes (Via Arizona to Baltimore): Kerr Elam (CB) – Florida
- Dallas Cowboys: Tyler Smith (OT) – Tulsa
- Baltimore Ravens (From buffalo): Tyler Lindenbaum (C) – Iowa
- New York Jets (From Tennessee): Jermaine Johnson (EDGE) – Florida State
- Jacksonville Jaguars (From Tampa): Devin Lloyd (LB) – Utah
- Green Bay Packers: Deonte Wyatt (DT) – Georgia
- New England Patriots (San Francisco via Miami and Kansas City): Coal Strange (iOL) – Chattanooga
- Kansas City Chiefs: George Carliftus (EDGE) – Purdue
- Cincinnati Bengals: Dexton Hill (S) – Michigan
- Minnesota Vikings (From Los Angeles Rams via Detroit Lines): Lewis Cine (S) – Georgia