Remember if you are 30 or older. If you are younger than that, you have definitely seen an edition of the 2006 World Cup quarter-finals with the best moments of Brazil 0 x 1 France. Well, know that the former French No. 10 was injured that day.
- Congratulations, Zidane! Remember the 50-year-old star’s goals and quotes
This was stated by the executioner of Brazil himself in an interview with the newspaper. L team This Thursday, the day he turns 50. Zidane dropped Lucio and Gilberto Silva to the ground, gave Ronaldo a hit and assisted Henry’s decisive goal with a thigh injury. It is possible that the midfielder had a band during the match.
– I was actually injured against Spain (in the Round of 16). I was injured while scoring the third goal at the end of the match. I have a lump on my thigh. Almost no one knew, “Zizu revealed.
“I took the test, and they say I won’t play against Brazil … I say: ‘What? It’s out of the question that I can’t play against Brazil!'” The Frenchman announced.
- PSG is close to Christoph Galtier.
- The PSG president says he wants a club with Paris players.
Zidane in action against Brazil at the 2006 World Cup: one of the biggest performances of his career – Photo: Lebanon / Gamma-Rafu via Getty Images
Zidane played the last match of his career in this World Cup playoff. He retired at the age of 34 after the World Cup in Germany. For the former Real Madrid midfielder, staying out of those games was out of the question.
– The medical team did everything for me to play because I really wanted to play this game. And I played! Every game can be my last. There was so much in my mind that it was impossible not to play against Brazil. I wanted to enjoy every second – the idol repeated.
Zidane won the cover of L’Equipe for the 195th time with a lengthy interview on his 50th birthday. One of the biggest sports idols in France, he spoke on a variety of topics and admitted that he is still a coach. And he wants to coach the French national team.
Here are some excerpts from the interview:
Halter in Matrazi
– To this day, my mother is very ill. I spoke to my sister on the phone several times a day. I know my mom wasn’t doing well, but that’s not a big deal either. Still, it bothers me. I still focus. But these are the things that happen. Pressure, this, that. He (Metrazi) doesn’t tell me about my mother. He used to say that he did not insult my mother. It is true. But he insulted my sister, who was with my mother at the time. There is disrespect in the field. Everyone talks to each other, sometimes bad, but you do nothing. There, that day, the same thing happened. He did something about my sister Leila. It’s a matter of seconds and it’s over … but then you have to accept it. I’m not proud, but it’s part of my journey. At the time, I was more fragile. Sometimes there are times when you can do something wrong.
“But this is my career (butt). The history of my life. Like my two goals in the 1998 final. That’s why I say the French team didn’t end for me. Somehow I don’t want to end like that. “It’s not over,” he said.
Zidane’s header in Metrazi in the 2006 World Cup final: The star’s last moment as a player (Photo: AFP)
Are you training in France?
– I do, of course. I hope one day. When? It’s not in my bus But I want to close with the French team. I know this French team as a player. And this is the best thing that has ever happened to me! (Lays his hand on his heart.) Really! This is the peak. And so, as I have lived through it and am now a coach, the French national team is firmly on my head.
As a Marseille citizen, will you train PSG?
– Never say never. Especially when you are a coach today. But the issue is debatable. This is completely irrelevant. When I was a player, I had a choice, almost every club. Coach, there aren’t 50 clubs I can attend. There are two or three possibilities. This is the current reality. Coach, we have less choice than a player. If I go back to a club, it’s a win. I say this very politely. So I can’t go anywhere. For other reasons, I can’t go everywhere.
Has being a player idol helped your coach career?
“It helps them make a living through things. But most of all, you shouldn’t be more than them.”
– You are the coach, no problem. It is you who commands the way, but on the other hand, you should not disturb them. They are the ones who make the difference in the field. And I have no ego in it. I have experienced these situations with many coaches or players who wanted to be more than others. At some point, it doesn’t work.
About Zidane, being a coach and the relationship with the players: “You are the ones who command the way, but on the other hand, you should not disturb them” – Photo: Getty Images
What is it like to train creeks?
– I’m going to be basic when I say that, but the bigger and more important the players, the easier it will be. Seriously, they know what they’re doing. They are focused. They know where they are going. The bond I have with them is in a specific match, in very specific moves, in strategy, in opposition. That’s why I loved coaching great players.
Zinedine Zidane’s choice
– I do not know. However, what is certain is that it will put Brazil (Ronaldo) in front.. Barthez also scored. Then on the right, the problem is that there are a lot of castles I’ve played with. France deserves full defense from 1998-2000: Laurent Blanc, (Lillian) Thoram, (Marcel) DeSille, Lisa (Buxant Lizarazzo). All these people were in a bad mood. fearsome! I don’t like to talk about one or the other, it was too loud.